FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How is Playced different than other recruiting services/websites?
Easily, the biggest difference is The Playced Matching Engine. There is absolutely nothing like it in the recruiting industry. Our Matching Engine not only gives you an accurate evaluation of your abilities, it also pinpoints every program in the country where you have the best chance to land a scholarship.
Recruit Resume - The Playced Recruit Resume works differently than every other recruiting website profiles. It was designed by college coaches to provide them with everything they need to evaluate any player, in any sport, at first glance. Simply, share your resume with college coaches or let your Playced recruiting coach share it for you. Additionally, Playced includes your resume in frequent scouting reports sent to college coaches requesting and searching for players like you.
The Playced 5-Star College Match Rating System indicates how good of a match any college is for you, based on your resume.
We protect your privacy and never sell personal information to third parties.
We do not cross-sell additional products or services and you will not be bothered by emails from affiliated companies.
2. How does the Recruit Resume work?
The Playced Recruit Resume can be completed by an athlete in just a few minutes. It was designed by college coaches to provide them with everything they need to evaluate any player, in any sport, at first glance. The resume includes all important stats, your highlight video and a coach comment section to provide feedback from your current coach. Simply, share your resume with college coaches or let your Playced recruiting coach share it for you. Additionally, Playced includes your resume in frequent scouting reports sent to college coaches requesting and searching for players like you.
3. How much does a Playced Plan cost?
A Starter Plan is $19.95 per month, the Advanced Plan is $79.95 per month and the Lifetime Plan is a one-time purchase of $399.95. The Advanced Plan includes personal assistance from one of our recruiting coaches to determine the right colleges to pursue and to share your Recruit Resume directly with the coaches from your matching schools. The Lifetime Plan is designed to help freshmen and sophomores by making a one-time payment. Both the Advanced Plan and the Lifetime Plan come with a Money Back Guarantee. All plans offer a Free Trial period so you can see how the Playced process works.
Team pricing options are also available. Each player on the team can receive a 25% discount on any plan, or if a high school or select organization purchases a Team Plan the discounts are even more favorable.
4. What do I get with My Playced Plan?
- Playced Matching Engine and Dashboard to identify and contact the college coaches that have not yet found you.
- With an Advanced Plan and Lifetime Plan you receive personal assistance from a recruiting coach throughout your recruiting journey.
- Interactive Recruit Resume designed by college coaches.
- 24/7 Live Chat Feature for recruiting questions and assistance.
- Communication platform w/ every 4-year college in the country (assistant coaches included).
- My Favorite Colleges dashboard to keep you organized and on track with the colleges you are communicating with.
5. What does the Playced Matching Engine consider in determining an athlete’s matching college?
THE PLAYCED MATCHING ENGINE factors in:
2. Projected athletic development
3. Athletic skill set
4. Current statistics
5. Honors and achievements
7. ACT/SAT score (if known)
8. High School graduating class size
9. College budget
10. Area of the country or state
11. Preferred school size
12. Preferred major (if decided)
6. Can you explain how team plans and the Coach Dashboard work?
Playced offers special pricing for team plans. When a team registers for a plan, the Coach's Dashboard is free and all the players on that team receive a 25% discount on any Playced Plan.
Each player on the team creates an individual Recruit Resume. Then, using the Playced Matching Engine they create a list of Favorite colleges to pursue. The player's Recruit Resume and Favorites List are linked to their Coach's Dashboard. This makes it easy for the coach to be involved in the recruiting process for all of his or her players. The coach can review the player’s stats, suggest other colleges and contact college coaches directly from their dashboard.
7. How do I find the right colleges to pursue?
You can either use the Playced Matching Engine or you can search by college name. The Search by College Name feature will tell how good a match each college is based on your resume.
8. How often can I change personal, athletic and academic information?
Once you purchase a Playced plan, you can change your information as many times as you like, with the exception of your name, gender, sport and position.
9. What does each college report include?
College location, size, level, cost, coach's contact information, college application link and a link to that school’s website.
10. What is the Playced refund policy?
Not Happy? No problem. We will make it right. In fact, our Don't Panic Plan comes with a money-back guarantee. If you are not happy with your recruiting results for any reason, we’ll give you a FULL REFUND.
11. What if I am having technical difficulties?
Use our Live Chat Feature, contact us at email@example.com or call customer service at 972-458-9652.
12. How do I change my username or password?
To change your username or password, log in to the site using your current information. Then click the “Sign In” tab and the “view my account” prompt. Your email address and/or password can then be changed.
13. I forgot my password.
No problem. Simply click the link “forgot your password” on the sign in tab, enter your email in the required field, click reset and we will send you a new password.
“If you have a HS athlete looking to play in college Playced is a great resource. Lots of ripoffs out there. This is not one."
- July 16, 2014 tweet by Gil Brandt of NFL.com